Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Just curious. Here is what has happened. I went from an ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128 MB VRam to an ATI X800XT PE on an ASUS P4C800-Deluxe non E. Bios 1019.

Bottom Line I had to UnClock my CPU (3.2 Northwood)from 3.6 back to original 3.2 and memory back to original so everything is Auto in the BIOS because of stability. I even maually set the AGP Frequency to 33.3/66.6 MHz when OC'ed to avoid Ocing the new graphics card because it is already at it's limit 520/560. Memory allocated to PCI/AGP per ATI drivers page is 64 MB. Memory is PC3200 in Dual Channel (1 GB to be exact). So before with the first card and OC'ed I was getting a score of 5736. Now with the new card in a score of 3889. Quite a difference. Now here is the catch. Overall in "Real world" usuage the sytem is performing much better even at defaults now in the Bios. I can benchmark my games and see a huge increase and I am now able to turn AA and AF on all of my games at 1280 x 720 resolution. Is there anything to be concerned about that I might be missing and there might be a mismatch somewhere based on these synthetic test or is everything fine.

Here is the Dxdiag for your viewing to see system specs

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
You getting a lower score in PCMARK because you unoverclock you cpu. If I remember right PC mark is more cpu dependent. If you want to see increases from a video card then you should use 3dmark05. I betting your 3dmark05 will be higher then it was with the 9800. 3.2ghz plenty fast overall so you have nothing to worry about. You did a nice upgrade and as you know it increased your gaming performance alot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Guess how much that ATI X800XT PE cost me. $229 US dollars direct from ATI

Not bad the only catch is that is refurbished. When I looked at the PCB itself and inspected with a magnifying glass there was nothing visually that you could tell that would make this a refurb. It is working fine. A little nosier than I'd like, But I'll fix that later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.