Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

I have an advent t9400 running xp, 1 gb ram, gefroce 5700le, pent 4 ht 3.4 ghz and an on board sound card ac'97

I wanted a better sound card so i bought a PCI creative sound blaster live 7.1
I have no free PCI slots so i take out the modem to free one up ( i dont use it as my pc is networked) I put in the sound card as instructed (after unistalling previous one etc) and turn the pc on. I then get a message off my monitor saying "NO INPUT SIGNAL"

Okay, I check all wires etc and sound card all seems ok but it still wont work. So i take hte sound card out put the modem back in and it works
I disable modem turn it on and off and it works
So i take modem out turn on and off and it works
So i put sound card in and turn it on and i get the message " NO INPUT SIGNAL" from my monitor as i did in the first place.

I have no idea why. Maybe its a faulty card ?

Thanks for advice in advance
Regardes
DOUG

edit// i didnt install the drivers for it as it tells me to do it after inserting hte card.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
update
it turns on with it in and the onboard one is definatly disabled as it keeps asking me to install drivers for it

but the new card is not recognised at all and i keep getting new hard ware found message for the onboard one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update.

its not the sound card as it works in my other pc.
maybe as this pc had amodem in it it thinks its still the modem in ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
summary

Hello,
I have an advent t9400 pentium 4 3.4 ghz HT running windows xp, with 1 gb ram and a geforce 5700 le.
I bought a PCI sound blaster card 7.1 to put in the pc.
I had loads of problems but i have solved them up to this stage.

The first thing i did was disable the onboard AC97 sound card by unistalling the drivers, removing it from device manager and disabling it in bios.
I have 3 PCI slots but they are all full. I dont use the modem so i take it out and put the new sound card in its place. But neither hardware wizard or the setup CD with it can find that its there. I think the PCI slot thinks it is still a modem there when i've changed it. I have removed the modem from device manager. So thats my problem any one can help to let me hear things again !

I know its not a faulty sound card ( tried it on another pc)
Its not the PCI slot i tried it in others same problem.

Thanks in advance
Regardes
DOUG

p.s i would delete my previous posts but i cant see where too

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put the modem back into the slot and remove something else from a different, only temporarily and replace it with the sound card.

Does the PC boot now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i fixed that problem, read my 4th post.
1 , 2 and 3 are all rubbish i got past those problems, post 4 somes it all up. Just i cant delete the first 3 posts, im still need help though ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.