Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer doesn't detect the drivers on my MB. I think onboard sound worked when I first built my computer, then I installed a sound card and used that, then I fried the sound card (by mixing up speaker and headphone jacks), and now the MB's sound device isn't detected. I have no idea how to fix this (obviously), a friend told me to enable AC97 in BIOS, so I checked and it was already set to AUTO.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Did you uninstall software for your fried sound card? Does fried sound card
show up in device manager? If you did,,and it doesnt, make sure on board
sound is enabled in bios, ac97, game port, midi etc,,find your install disk
for motherboard, install sound drivers, if you dont have the disk go to the
manufacturer of mobo, download and install from there....good luck,,,

·
Registered
7 Posts
BadWords said:
My computer doesn't detect the drivers on my MB. I think onboard sound worked when I first built my computer, then I installed a sound card and used that, then I fried the sound card (by mixing up speaker and headphone jacks), and now the MB's sound device isn't detected. I have no idea how to fix this (obviously), a friend told me to enable AC97 in BIOS, so I checked and it was already set to AUTO.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'd try a flash of the bios through floppy.
When you boot up hit your TAB button and see the bootup and see if it detects the AC97 sound. if you see nothing boot to your bios and change your boot from Quickboot to Normal. If you don't find it listed your board might be damage. If your warranty is still in effect I would contact Asus and get a RMA. Trust me they will check and let you know if the board is bad or good. Don't just expect a new one, like i did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.