Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i donno what happned i was just cleaning it (cleaning the proc fan ) then it didn't want to start
it shows memory on boot screen and processor type and stops there?
i cheked the mother board millions of time and every thing is in his place?
after some tries it secced to boot but when it says(booting from cd) it stops there(there is no cd in the drive!!!)
it's supposed to boot from HDD after cd so i changed with another HDD and same problem so what on earth is wrong:4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Is the HDD spinning up when you turn the computer on? Check the BIOS and make sure it reconizes everything. What were you using to clean the machine? If you have the manual for your motherboard, you may want to check the jumpers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the HDD spinning up when you turn the computer on? Check the BIOS and make sure it reconizes everything. What were you using to clean the machine? If you have the manual for your motherboard, you may want to check the jumpers.
the bios only reconizes the processor and the RAMS then stops there
after tryign many time it succed to load but when it reaches the (boot from cd step) it stops there

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Make sure the ribbon cable did not get dislodged from the motherboard or the hard drive. Check the power cable on the hard drive also. Did you have the fan off the cpu?

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah HDD are listed even win Xp loads but for short time bcoz after 50secs powering PC it freezes whatever u'r doing
i put it in rest for 3h and reopen and it's was the farest i could go i could open windows fully
but :upset: again freezes
******** i just need to know wass wrong:4-dontkno

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Slow down a bit here and get some of the questions answered that you have been asked. Here are some we need to know:

> Are all the fans still spinning (double check the CPU fan)?

>Did you take the cpu fan clear off or just blow it out with air..how did you clean it?

>Have you checked all the wires like the 12 volt molex that goes to the MB?

>What do you mean by changed the hard drive?

> What happens exactly when it shuts down?

> If you just changed the boot order for hard drives, did you put it back like when it worked?

> Did you at any time, take the clamp loose that holds the heatsink fan to the heatsink and MB?

Post back and then maybe someone can help you if they know the answers to these inquiries.

Note: Please be careful about the language that I had to edit.

Addendum: dai posted before I did (types too fast for me) and I suggest you try his suggestions first and then get into the questions and answers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.