Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. You guys looked pretty well-organized and looking very promising. I'm pretty new to the whole electronic PC world and with my first build being a disaster. I came wishing for a solution on how to fix my PC.

At first, my PC was good working for around approx. 30+ minutes, until it crashed to a restart, and end up at a stall in Windows XP screen. After that I couldn't get it to work anymore. I tried troubleshooting, but since it was at night, I went to sleep. The next morning I turn it on and I get no signal on the monitor. No beeps, no boot, nothing, no splash screen.

Inside, all the fans and lights go on, everything looking normal. I suspect that my motherboard was screwed up, so I called for a replacement. Once I got my replacement, installed and ready, it still did the same thing. I talked to a few other people on about it. They think it's my CPU or RAM being faulty.

It can't be my video card, since I tried out my old PCI video card on my mobo, and yet I still get no signal on the screen. Can't be the motherboard, since I just got it today. The only two things I can think of being the problem is the CPU and RAM. I'm going to try reseating everything.

Hope you guys can help, it'd be the world to me.

My specs:
Motherboard: MF570 nforce 570 SLI
Video Card: Geforce 7600 GT OC
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2
RAM: Corsair MXS2 DDR2 800
PSU: 450 Watt

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Hey,

Do as you said and re-seat everything. You may also want to have a shot of trying to boot without the hard drive connected, this will probably bring the same result. If so, you may be able to troubleshoot your RAM on a friends computer, making sure all compatibility issues are addressed before doing so though.

You may want to reseat the CPU and make sure there is sufficient cooling paste on the CPU and heatsink. If you still have issues once trying the above suggestions, then the CPU is the likely candidate for concern. However, the RAM too sounds like it could be as equally as much the issue, this is why you will need to troubleshoot it on another known working system - i would also suggest running memtest on it for a few hours.

Edit: Just looked at your PSU, this could equally be the issue as the above. If possible can you open your case and look on the side of the PSU and list all the specifications it has listed on there, paying particular attention to the 12V rail (signified as 12V, probably).

Regards,
Nick.

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Yup, as i said above.

You may also want to try with just GPU, PSU and CPU (minus RAM) and see if there are any BIOS beeps emitted, if not, then your case sound may not be connected to the (or correct) motherboard pins.

Nick.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
it is a 500w but it only runs at 70% efficency equating it out to a 350w at best
see if you can borrow a 550w or better, quality supply to try in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.