Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i have probably a very easy issue to solve but i am stumped on it. I have a CyberPower prebuilt from 2020 and it’s been working fine for 2 years. The motherboard is a b450m Ds3h and I’m currently running 2 x 8gb sticks of 3200mhz ram in the A1 and B1 slots and it has been working great. I recently bought 2 more sticks of the EXACT same ram and installed them in the other two spots for a total of 32gb and now my monitor is saying no signal. I am sure the ram isn’t faulty. I am unsure if I have to maybe unlock the B2 and A2 slots on the motherboard in the Bios or something, at this point I have no clue.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
If the computer boots without errors, then either you have the monitor plugged into the onboard HDMI instead of your GPU (Video Card), the video cable is not plugged in all the way, the power to the GPU is unplugged or the GPU is not seated properly.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,938 Posts
Often times a given ram is marginally excepted and one of the best ways to see if it is compatible is add more of the same. That said, when you say the exact same ram is it the exact same model and lot #? Suppliers who market ram as say Corsair, will often repeat the model number with entirely different memory manufactured where its only the same if its from the same lot, often difficult to determine. So how about make and model of ram for us? When adding ram I have always found Crucial the best because they warranty the ram will work or money back if you use their configurator and buy from them. Matching ram is extremely difficult and slowly getting more difficult. When building a new system I usually
check the ram tested and recommended by the board maker, admittedly tougher to do with abrand name pc, but not if you simply use ram tested compatible for the board listed by the motherboard maker and use only that so in other words by new rather than adding.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your motherboard is incompatible with the new RAM. The new RAM is not put into the proper motherboard slots. The newly installed RAM is not properly positioned in the slots. The amount of RAM that you are attempting to install is not supported by your motherboard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone, i have probably a very easy issue to solve but i am stumped on it. I have a CyberPower prebuilt from 2020 and it’s been working fine for 2 years. The motherboard is a b450m Ds3h and I’m currently running 2 x 8gb sticks of 3200mhz ram in the A1 and B1 slots and it has been working great. I recently bought 2 more sticks of the EXACT same ram and installed them in the other two spots for a total of 32gb and now my monitor is saying no signal. I am sure the ram isn’t faulty. I am unsure if I have to maybe unlock the B2 and A2 slots on the motherboard in the Bios or something, at this point I have no clue.
It may be the ram is not seated well, or the unused contacts over time are not connecting well.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,669 Posts
Using that computer, go to Crucial.com, scroll down a bit and let them "Run a scan". They will tell you what you have, the maximum RAM your computer is capable of running and a list of RAM that is 100% guaranteed compatible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts