Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old PC in the house with some files on it i'd like to move to my new laptop. The PC doesn't have a USB port. I know i could buy and fit a USB port and transfer it that way, but i'm very, very lazy. Anyone know if i can buy a cable that plugs into the serial plug on my computer and has a USB port that i can then plug my data stick into??

i know you can get cables that do the opposite, ie USB port in computer to serial device, but i haven't been able to locate what i'm offer.

any help appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Use a parallel cable to share the files. Surely, you must have one of these lying around.

Also, if the PC has an ethernet port, then you can share files using a crossover cable. It looks exactly like a regular ethernet cable, except it is made for networking two PCs or "like" devices. You can get these at any Radio Shack.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Resolution said:
Use a parallel cable to share the files. Surely, you must have one of these lying around.

Also, if the PC has an ethernet port, then you can share files using a crossover cable. It looks exactly like a regular ethernet cable, except it is made for networking two PCs or "like" devices. You can get these at any Radio Shack.
It's called a crossover cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.