Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's possible to connect my ATI Radeon 9250 to my TV. I've been looking around but can't find any real good info on this. It has a S-Video out port on it and 2 moniter ports also. Can anyone help me out here? I don't mind paying any amout for a connector. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it out. I just need an S-Video cable I beleve. Or an S-Video that hooks to my computer then turns into one of those 3 prong colored cables that would plug into my tv. My tv's not high def though.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
If it is not HD, then S-video will be fine. The "3 prong colored cables" are probably component video which will yield better picture quality, but you won't notice a huge difference unless yopu have an HDTV. You can use one if it came with your graphics card, but if it didn't, then you might as well just get an S-video cable. You could use the s-video to composite video adapter, but you will get lower picture quality.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my V-Card has an S-Video port in the back. If I buy a s-video cable with a 3 prongd adapter for my tv what kind of resolution will I get? My max res on the v-card is 1900x????. Will the picture just be stretched on the tv?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
it wont be max res as truely ull only get PC quality resolutions if your TV has a VGA in . You will propably get around 800x600 or somewhere along those lines but really its only usefull to watch videos and play games but for every day to day work it wont be such a pleasant feeling.

for the day to day work you really need a tv that has a VGA in and supports high resolutions

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
If it is a regular TV then you won't notice a difference in the resolutions. S-video is limited to 480p (and I think 720i), but component video can get you 720p and 1080p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.