Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought individual parts and assembled a new pc. So far everything has been fine except for 2 apparent problems. One of them I am not so concerned about as I am with the other, that problem being my pc "stuttering".

I first noticed this while listening to some music, every time I loaded a webpage or a program, the music would go "brrrrrrr" like it was skipping very fast. It would do this for a split second and then go back to normal. But again, every time I did anything (apparently anything that required cpu usage beyond the idle usage) this would happen again. I have read numerous articles on the internet on what may be the problem, one of them being here, but none of them seem to apply to me (the ones that were solved).

Here is the makeup of my pc:

Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro 775
Powersupply: Corsair VX 550 watt
Processor: Intel Dual Core E1280 LGA775 2Ghz
Memory: 2 x 2GB DDRII 800 PC2-6400 G.Skill Brand
Video: EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR 9600GT
Harddrive: WD 200GB
Drives: HP DVD 1040i
O/S: Windows XP Home Edition

I read on another topic here that someone with the same problem disabled their cd drive and fixed it, I did the same, but problem persists. I've checked for any apparent conflicts but nothing shows as being out of the ordinary in the device manager. I'm not sure if these would cause this problem, but they are the only thing I can find out of the ordinary so far:

IRQ - There are several devices on IRQs 10 and 11
SCSI - My main harddrive is listed as "SCSI" I have never seen this before, I'm pretty sure it should be IDE.

Again, I do not know whether those would do this, but they are the only things potential "problems" I can see.

My only other thoughts are that maybe there is something wrong with the CPU, mobo, or RAM. I also thought it may be the video card, so I installed the lasted driver, and no change.

This is my last resort before I take it to a pc repair shop. Any and all help would be appreciated!

~Edit~

I would like to clarify something, the IRQ assignments that I saw were at the startup screen. I just checked the Device Manager and theres only one device listed on channel 11 and none on 10. The one on 11 is "Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller 2930".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I might have found a clue to the problem. I downloaded "Process Explorer" just now and everytime my pc "stutters" the "Hardware Interrupts" CPU usage jumps beyond the normal .77%. It corresponds exactly with this stuttering effect, but the CPU usage % varies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.