Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am haveing a problem with my PC just shutting off. The strange thing is, is that I actually have 2 PC's doing the same thing.

Solutions tried:

New Power Supply
New Mother board
New Ram
Took out all Sound and Network
Different HD's
Different CD Rom
Tried plugging into differnt outlet and right into Backup.

One the PC shuts its self off. I have to either unplug it or hit the switch on the Power supply and then switch it back for it to even start up again. I have disable Bios Caching and Video Caching in the Bios.

I am Running a 1700 Athalon with a cheap Iwill motherboard. It had and Abit K7 333 before but it was not working good with the Radon 8500.

It is just wierd. I almost want to throw everything out and just start from scratch.

Anyone have any Ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are both computers doing it when plugged into the same power source? Check all connections for loose connections, check the outlet it to may be loose (or faulty).

If the computers do this and are plugged into different power sources (especially if they do it at the same time.) then you have a power problem. May need line conditioners.

Are there any error messages before the shutdown? What are you doing at the time of shutdown? Can you manually repeat the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
sounds to me like your problem is all in the temp of your proc, your cooling be not be efficient enough to keep the proc cool so when your bios detects its getting to hot it does a manual shut down to keep your computer safe from heat damage, try opening the side of your computer and allowing lots of fresh cool air into it, also watch out where your computer is placed, dont put it directly on carpet as that helps to insulate the computer and makes things heat up all the quicker (let alone the electro-shock that may come of it to:dead: ) and make sure that the area is well ventilated, under a desk with poor air supply only helps to over heat your comp. try these ideas and see if any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I face the same

I have a new power supply with heat sensor in it, New mboard and video card.
but same AMD 2000+ cpu and 256 ram. most of the time my system restarts on it own. Change power breakers in my home and the computer worked well for a while. Bios detects temperaure within a range of 60 to 79 degree celcius when restarts. Then it started restarting again on its own. I get a blue screen at times when running Xp saying bumping memory. Now it does not starts up easly, I have to play with the Cpu, Cpu onboard jumper settings for its speed,fan with heat sink or remove the ram to enable it to booth. My mother board type os Soyo Dragon 600plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.