Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my shuts or lags horribly when I play games even flash games. And when I try to restart it after it shuts down I again crashes while restarting :upset:

The problem is because of heat I know that since the PC was fine during winter. I dont know whats the cause of the shut down, whether the AMD processor or the motherboard?
The motherboard has a in built graphic driver.
I am thinking of replacing one of them or both if situation demands.

My system specs:
AMD Dual core 4200+, 2.21GHz,
2GB RAM,
M2N-MSXE Plus Motherboard with inbuilt 6150SE nForce 430 processor.

I want to know the source of the problem if its the motherboard or the processor?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Visiting Expert | Microsoft Sup
4,026 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont get BSOD.

My PC just shuts down even if I play light flash games and when I restart it, it shuts down again whilst restarting.
I am thinking of changing the processor or the motherboard since this problem has been going on for a long while.
Do you think the problem will be solved if I change them?

·
4,026 Posts
I understand that there's no BSOD, but other information that gets collected - event logs, msinfo32 output, etc. - is very helpful for diagnosis, so I still think you should run that to give us a peek at what's really going on.

I think that it's more likely the motherboard's graphics card than the processor, so it would be more logical to get a new graphics card instead of a new motherboard. Still, I wouldn't spend the money until we get a look at the files.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those instructions are for win 7 and vista.
I am using XP as OS.

Thanks for your help mate. I might just get a new motherboard since it can like fail anytime, plus I am looking for a temporary solution atm.

·
4,026 Posts
I apologized, this sub-forum is meant for Vista/Windows 7 only so I kinda assumed you were running one of those. My mistake.

A temporary solution could be to borrow a video card from a friend or even purchase a cheap one. That would give a definitive answer on what's truly wrong, and you'd have a replacement for the time being.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.