Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously I had 512mhz RAM runnning at, I think 300mhz , and I just added 2gig of 667 mhz RAM to the 512mhz. When I checked to see if my PC was runnning at 600+mhz it was only running at 300mhz. What happening and what can I do to get to run at the higher RAM mhz?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
and welcome to the Forum

Did you fill all the memory slots? . . many boards will clock back the speed with all the slots full.

If you only use the new memory what does it run at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes all of the slots are full. I have not taken out the old memory to see what it will run at. Should it make a difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where exactly should I look to see what it is running at? I looked at the system properties, but I am not sure that is the right place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I was thinking that once I added 2gig of RAM that my computer would run much faster. It is still just as slow most of , if not all of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do I find my PC specs to post on here so that I may get some help. I replaced 512mhz ram with 2gig and my computer is not running any faster. Webpages load slow and navigate slow.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,076 Posts
Where are you seing the readings? DDR2 RAM will show half of it's rating because it's double pumped. 667 should show about 333.3 in CPU-Z. http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
Follow the link you were given D'L and run the program them post screen shots of the CPU, Mainboard and SPD tabs.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
This shows your RAM as PC4300 533MHz.

I also misread your first post. As I understand it, you installed the 2GB of 667 RAM together with the original 512MB stick?
If so, there's your problem. The faster RAM will revert to the slower RAM speeds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.