Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am using windows xp
PC: P4 ,
RAm: 1 gega DDR 1
VGA: 128 GEFORCE 6200
and the problem is while am downloading a file or whatever
when i try to open a drive or movie or a game or a song the pc most of time it restarts i don't know why and if i want to watch a movie while the download is going on i have to start the movie before the download starts and pause it and press the download link then resume the movie so i need help to know why my pc restarts oh and if i skipped the check i lose my bookmarks lol :mad: hope to fine help here if my thread in the wrong place i would like to know and thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them
i mentioned my pc before
P4
m/board gigabyte: GA-8i915PL-G (i opened the case and looked)
VGA: 6200 geforce Nvidia 128MB
RAM: 512*2 DDR1
Power supply:pOWER MAX (i bought it 2 months ago)
wattage: i dont know
hope u can help me :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh about the bios voltage and temperature i used AIDA32:
temp: cpu 53 C' (130 F')
cooling fans: cpu 2559 RPM
voltages:
cpu core 1.33V
+2.5V 2.61V
+3.3V 3.18V
+5V 4.97V
+12V 11.78V
VBAT battery 3.18V
that what i found is that what u were asking for or not?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi,

sorry for the delay. I've been away from my house for a couple of days.

With the files in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, copy them out to My Documents. Highlight them all, right-click and Send to > Compressed folder

Upload the zipped folder to your next post so that me or someone else can have a look through them and see what went wrong.

Just so you know, I won't be home for another 10 hours. I'm at school right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

sorry for the delay. I've been away from my house for a couple of days.

With the files in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, copy them out to My Documents. Highlight them all, right-click and Send to > Compressed folder

Upload the zipped folder to your next post so that me or someone else can have a look through them and see what went wrong.

Just so you know, I won't be home for another 10 hours. I'm at school right now.
no problem dracia here's the folder u asked for View attachment Minidump.zip

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hisham, can I ask why you haven't yet updated to service pack 3?
cause i heard there is some problems and some games dont work on service pack 3 and have u looked at the minidump files is there something wrong with them or what or i get that restart cause of my ver of windows and about the power supply i dont think i can ask someone to give me his power supply

·
Registered
527 Posts
cause i heard there is some problems and some games dont work on service pack 3 and have u looked at the minidump files is there something wrong with them or what or i get that restart cause of my ver of windows and about the power supply i dont think i can ask someone to give me his power supply
To be honest with you, there is no point helping from the software aspect if you don't have the latest service pack. Programs these days are made with sp3 in mind, so system instability risk rises with an old service pack.

I've never heard of games not working on sp3. In fact, some applications won't work if you DON'T have sp3 installed; they nag you to get it, such as iTunes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.