Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends.

I am nvidia xfx 8800gt alpha dog 512MB display card and i was using original driver from cd which came with the display card box.

everything was running smooth even crysis and moh-airborn & pacific assault and even crysis war-head and assisin creed.

when i start playing far cry-2 i got the message that drive is too old and i should upgarde and after that it start the game which still works properly.

now, recently i have upgraded my display card driver and driver was downloaded from nVodia offical site according to my o/s (xp-pro) and display card (8800GT)

now i can still play crysis & crysis war-head and even starting far cry-2 normally but problem is only in far cry-2 and that is whenever i am collection medic kit, my computer screen just flash (blue screen comes) and pc is restarting.

i was using max resolution (1280x10nn somthing) when above problem happend.

then i reduced my game resolution 1280x9nn (something) and now far cry-2 is again working as normal...

but i want to play game in full resolution and don't know exactly what and where is the problem... may b a faulty display driver... then how to fix it...

i am using c2q 6600 4gb-ram and got lot of free HD space...

need ur help and pls let me know if u need more info to solve my problem....

thanks for everybody.

·
Banned
636 Posts
I require that you post the error message. Since it restarts automatically then right click on Computer. Out of the list select properties. Go to the advanced tab and click on the settings for system start up. Then uncheck Automatic Restart. Now it will not restart on a BSOD. Once the restart is disabled return to the normal settings and simulate the failure. Post the BSOD error mesage and file names if present. Format for a BSOD is 0xXXXXXXXX replacing the X's with a number or letter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 funny thing that might give u some idea:

while playing far cry 2 my pc only only only reboot whenever i take medic and about to move from that place.

for examlpe, if i go close to the medic box and move from there without taking medic (or without pressing 'e') then pc doesn't reboot.
only after taking medic from any medic box it reboooooooot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem has been solved and now its may be problem for FarCary team or nVidia.

here was then problem:

using original driver i was not having any problem while playing FarCary2.

Installed new/latest driver from nVidia site.

FarCry2 is now crashing and PC is rebooting when only I'm taking Medic box and only when
I'm using 1280x1024 resolution but no problem if game is running on 1280x960

Uninstall new driver and downgraded to old driver (1 which came with the card)

Now FarCry2 is playing again fine using any resolution.

So, it might be a driver (nVidia) problem or Game (FarCry Team) problem.

Here I'm posting some screen short about my problem.

Can someone please guide me what should I do to upgrade the driver and running all games smoothly.

Thanks for everybody for your support.

Attachments

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Banned
636 Posts
What sound card do you have? hap17v2k.sys is the file that is causing issues for your unit and it is made by creative.

·
Banned
636 Posts
You should update your sound card driver by going to creatives website. They have an auto detect feature scalability for your benefit. If that does not work then remove the sound cards driver completely and install a fresh copy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should update your sound card driver by going to creatives website. They have an auto detect feature scalability for your benefit. If that does not work then remove the sound cards driver completely and install a fresh copy.

thnx for ur help... i will follow ur instructions,.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.