Tech Support Forum banner

PC power cuts out

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sobeit 
#1 ·
PC power cuts out and won't turn on again unless the power cable is pulled out of the socket and left for 30 mins or so. Then upon plugging in, the PC can be used. This started about a month ago- just after the parts warranty on my PC ran out (I have a Blackfire Shaman from FiercePC).

The PC tends to do this in two situations:

1: Always when powered off, won't turn back on again unless disconnected from the power socket for a while, then plugged back in.
2: When placed into sleep mode for an extended period of time.

When neither of these criteria occur, the PC has been able to be on for 3 days in a row without cutting out sometimes, including playing games such as League of Legends etc on it.

Upon plugging back in, I see a flash of light inside my PC for half a second or so and then my PC will power on if I press the power switch.

Very rarely (including today), it has cut out whilst I have been actively using the PC. I was playing a game and my PS4 controller plugged into a USB port stopped working, as did the keyboard and mouse. About a minute after, the PC power fully cut out.

The PC isn't blowing fuses, after this occurs I can use the same power cable with the same fuse.

I can also confirm I have tried with two different power cables and the situation is the same.

Can anyone help me? I've endured this for over a month now and I need to resolve this.

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.