Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:upset:

HI THERE, I AM A NOVICE WHEN IT GETS TO TECHNICAL ISSUES REGARDING THIS PROBLEM. I'VE NEVER SIGNED UP TO A FORUM LIKE THIS. I HAVE A MICROSOFT WINDOWS VERSION 5.1 (BUILD 2600.XPZP_GDR.070227-2254 SERVICE PACK 2) PHYSICAL MEMORY AVAILABLE 261,616kb. INTEL CELERON CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz 256 MB OF RAM.

BASICALLY MY PROBLEM IS SLUGGISH PERFORMANCE, WHICH ALWAYS ENDS WITH PC NOT RESPONDING FOR LENGHTHY TIMES. I'VE DONE ALOT OF PC TWEAKS READING LOTS OF DIFFERENT FORUMS BUT THEY DONT REALLY WORK. WHICH IS WHY IM TRYING A NEW APPROACH AS THIS WILL BE ALL ABOUT MY PROBLEM. I ALSO NOTICE IN TASK MANAGER MY PAGE FILE USAGE IS VERY HIGH 791MB/1034MB, IS THERE SOME MEMORY ISSUES?

I RUN ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE, I ALSO HAVE SPYWARE BLASTER, SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY, PC TOOLS SPYWARE DOCTOR, REGCURE. MY SCANS COME UP EITHER EMPTY OR MY COMPUTER FREEZES SOMETIME THROUGH IT.
I'M IN NEED OF SOME DESPERATE ADVICE IN HOW TO IMPROVE THIS SLUGGISH PERFORMANCE. AS I SAID I AM A NOVICE BUT HAVE SEARCHED ALOT OF SEARCH ENGINE SITES TO GET UP TO SPEED WITH PROBLEMS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! HOPING YOU CAN HELP...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mike, im new here too, but it sounds like you answered your own question. its running slow because you have a celeron processor, and two, with zone alarm running in the background, you need about 1gig of memory to support zone alarm and windows together. You havent found the right spyware because the programs your using are spyware, pretty much, besides spybot S&D. Try a new approach, use the support guides in these forums to help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CoDoc
Thanks for the reply,
im not up to speed with what i have just wrote down what came up on the display. as for running two processors? what do i need to do to correct this issue then, in understandable terms?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.