·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a Gateway 55GR Desktop winxp home 3gig processer intel
this pc runs 24/7 i turn my monitor off not useing any screensavers
when i turned my monitor on the screen was colored lines and squares
i shut down with reset and restarted pc will not complete start goes from gateway screen to black screen fans are still running and keyboard lights stay on keyboard and mouse are detected can get to bios screen but shortly then black screen again. could this b a power supply problem?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Smith000, I can't find any info on the 55GR desktop, but with the colored lines and squares issue I would test your video card first assuming it's not onboard video. Have you blown the dust out of the case lately, to make sure it's not a heat issue. Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Smith000, I can't find any info on the 55GR desktop, but with the colored lines and squares issue I would test your video card first assuming it's not onboard video. Have you blown the dust out of the case lately, to make sure it's not a heat issue. Mike
Hiya 2pistolpacker sorry pc is a Gateway 550GR model ( i will proof read my Quotes) i keep it cleaned every 60 - 90 days never had heat problems before but first for everything. the Gateway screen posts and the bios screen posts also then screen goes black, I will put another vidio card in and post results. right now im running a 1.2 gig amd on a asus board with 2gigs of ram its on 24/7 and has never been clean of dust bunnys go figure thanks for the reply will swap vid cards tonight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.