1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
102 Posts
In the fourth picture you're CPU temp is 69F. Is that under load?

But Sisoft Sandra isn't much of a load. That temp is high. CPU overheating could have something to do with the spontaneous shutdowns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what could be causing that? i have a very overloaded power point in use currently and i've wondered if that is causing the problem?!?

P

·
0 Posts
When it is the high temperature XP gives a brief error message that system was going be shut down because of the high temperature tho.. That sure is a high temperature. Keep watching the temps. I actually am suspecting a service causing the shut downs.

If so we need to find which service.

What kind of system errors do you get ? Refer to your event viewer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the PC just shuts down, it doesn't give a reason it just turns itself off and then restarts, i have a master HD which is 30GB and the slave is 80GB.

where can i get or find the error messages?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
system error (catergory 102) was one that came today

warning TCPIP (Catergory 4226) is another

warning CDROM

Error CDROM

Error DHCP

Error Service Control Manager

Warning ATAPI

thats the most noteable ones on the list. when i am using flight sim it also shuts down the PC after a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ok..i have one yellow question mark next to other devices saying that the drivers are not installed for the USB controller. nothing else. i have also updated the controller and the yellow question mark has now gone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Longreach747 said:
CPU temp is now a whopping 154.4F :4-dontkno and i have removed the casing and have a cool fan blowing on it...

1st thing... there is a few step you need to check 1st.

1st Case : Try check the processor heatsink fan cooler is meant for your processor, check the processor heatsink fan speed in RPM..

2nd Case : Try take out the processor heatsink with fan, check if there is still any therma on it, not too much and not too less.

3rd Case : Are your processor doing a overclock?

:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
funny thing is that i've had the PC off for 4 hours and when i turned it back on and checked the temp it was still over 150F and that was within 1 min of restarting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Longreach747 said:
funny thing is that i've had the PC off for 4 hours and when i turned it back on and checked the temp it was still over 150F and that was within 1 min of restarting.
1st thing... even in 3~5secs, the cpu will rise fast, as the processor is taking a lot of power cycle inside...
2nd thing.. have you try checking your heatsink or your processor regarding the therma paste?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
could be a defective power supply giving the wrong voltage to the cpu, but i would make sure your cpu fan works, is clean, then remove it for a fresh application of artic 5...check here
post back

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's turned itself off a few times already this morning.

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : EC279002 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BF89F007
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
i think its time you remove the processor and refresh the thermal compound.
use artic, follow the instructions
a cut up credit card works well in applying the paste. fingernail width is the desired amount.
3rd thing: its takes many on / off cycles to reach optimum effect.
post back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.