Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's the problem.. A few monthes ago my PC started rebooting itself in the middle of so called "Heavy games" I thought I could live with it and went on. After a while those boot sessions became more frequent and annoying.
Today I switched a Video cared from Geforce2 mx400 to an ATI Radeon 7000 the systems still boots and now with no realations to games it could just be on the desketop and it boots itself. this is annoying cuz I already wiped 4 blank discs away in the middle of a burn session. Ideas would be most welcome.
My system is an Athalon AMD xp 1.7 GB with 512MB of ram running windows 2k professional edition

Thank You

Over

·
Registered
43 Posts
May be the power supply is failing. Also check to make sure it's not overheating, AMD's run real hot, so check the fan's for dust and just make sure their moving. If you can, swap out that power supply for a known good one.

This problem is usually do to:
overheating
powersupply

·
Registered
4 Posts
well from i hear it seems that in ur BIOS, ur power supply isn't strong enough, the system stability isn't good, u need to go to BIOS and up the core voltage the the Frequency/voltage control section of the BIOS, if u can't even get into the bios u need to reset the CMOS jumper, do this by locating the JBAT1 on ur motherboard, look into the manual if u can't find it, its a 3 prong thingy, which has a plastic thing connecting two of the three together, remove that and place the plastic thing on the other two that weren't connecting before, let it site there for about 5 seconds and place the plastic jumper back to the original position. now start up, go into BIOS and put the voltage i guess around 1.750 since that is the default, let us know what happened
this is the same thing that happened to me, fortunatly for me i knew what to do right away

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.