Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for some reason everytime i start my pc up it goes through all the bios check and then come up with, Windows encounterd a promblem, choose from - Safe Mode,Boot Logging,Last Known Config, or Windows normally. Now what ever i choose it just restarts. I Turned off automatic restart and now goes to a blue screen with the error code ' STOP 0X0000007B'.

Now the weird part, i put the HD that the windows is installed on into my spare computer (Packard Bell Pentium II), and it boots up fine without a problem. Any help would be greatful helpful, i have tried checking disk for errors and booting with Windows CD etc but surely if it works in my other computer it has to be something wrong with my original Comp?. Here's some details of what im using..

Windows XP Home Edition SP 1
Fujitsu Siemens 'Scenic' Computer

im not too good with the details as im on the spare computer right now and can't check, but thats the basics.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi, for some reason everytime i start my pc up it goes through all the bios check and then come up with, Windows encounterd a promblem, choose from - Safe Mode,Boot Logging,Last Known Config, or Windows normally. Now what ever i choose it just restarts. I Turned off automatic restart and now goes to a blue screen with the error code ' STOP 0X0000007B'.
These errors are usually problems with RAM. Your RAM may have died or been burned. Any power surges, power outages?

Now the weird part, i put the HD that the windows is installed on into my spare computer (Packard Bell Pentium II), and it boots up fine without a problem. Any help would be greatful helpful, i have tried checking disk for errors and booting with Windows CD etc but surely if it works in my other computer it has to be something wrong with my original Comp?. Here's some details of what im using..
Messing with hard drives like that usually won't give you good results, as a reminder for future experiments....

Another thing that supports the idea that the RAM or hardware in your original computer is going dead / is dead. You may want to try this...
http://www.memtest86.com/

~blitze

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.