Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

My PC has been crashing when i play games. It happened when i had windows 7 on but i thought it was because my graphics driver wasn't compatible with it. Now i've reformated and chucked windows xp, which originally everything worked fine. And i've still got the problem..

But for some reason the PC crashes, well it freezes and i'm forced to restart the PC because it doesn't recover.

Now when I reformated I didn't install any motherboard drivers, is this the reason why it's happening?
I've posted in the motherboard section of techsupport and asked if anyone could find it online. My motherboard is a KT6-V MS 7021.
Link to my motherboard thread

I'm a sim racer and it's so freaking annoying and frustrating that it keeps crashing whilst i'm in a online race. I shouldn't of had installed windows 7 in the first place because before that my pc was running very smooth.

Thankyou for reading, I really hope theres a cure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for replying guys!
But how come before I installed windows 7, all my things ran fine?
It would be rare if my computer froze back then. This was only about a month ago everything was working fine. Before i Installed Windows 7. I did a fresh install of a Windows XP (reformated) then i Install win 7. But then it kept crashing so i went back to windows xp and still the same problem.
I'm sure theres something i'm missing i should install..
I've had this power supply for yonks, since possible 2004.

I reckon theres something i have to install to make stop crashing maybe a motherboard driver?

Again thanks for replying guys I really appreciate it.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
The games possible could not be compatible with Windows 7.

Regardless you need a new PSU as your is old and too weak, if it fails, which is likely, it could permanently damage your system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.