Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens every day. After my screensaver pops up and I move the mouse to come back and use the comp. again. Well it runs real sluggish. So I pop up task manager and check the running processes. And everytime it's a file called "HelpSvc.exe" taking up about 70-80% of my cpu. I end it and it's done for the day. I searched my computer and found it in a folder called "PCHealth" which has two subfolders called "HelpCTR" and "UploadL"

How do I get this to stop running every single time I turn on my computer. It's really not that much of a hassle having to end it everyday but it is annoying. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Go to Start, Run, and type MSCONFIG. Check the Startup tab to see if anything related to those files are in there, and uncheck it so that it will not run on your next startup.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If that doesn't work, go to start>run>type "services.msc" w/o quotes. Click on the "Help and Support" service. Stop the service, and then disable the service. This should solve your problem. Let me know how it works out. Note - If you need to use the "Help and Support Center" in XP, you will need to reenable the service to use.

BMR777

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.