Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, I was was playing Ghost Recon 1 today and all of a sudden my pc just completely froze. I could only see part of the game from the moment it stopped in the top right corner of my screen (4/5 of the screen went black). I tried to reboot it but it stopped after the first (startup) screen, which was showing wierd little stripes in some sort of pattern all over the screen. I've checked the BIOS and spammed f1 and f2. Yet I was able to run it in safe mode. Tried system recovery, showed "problem resolved", yet I'm still not able to start my pc up normally... After the recorvery, it reboots and makes it to the loading screen with the windows logo, after this, the screen just stays black. I took the sides off of the pc and tried to clean the fans (wich were pretty much clogged with dust) as careful as I could. Just by blowing a little bit and by using a hairdryer. Still, everything remained unchanged although the last reboot warned me of CPU over temperature. It also said that the game might have changed the systems configurations but when I tried to set the pc back to the last, I shut down before completing the action (this was while running it in safe mode).

I hope someone can help me and I appologise for my sometimes bad english.

· Team Manager, Gaming
7,339 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF

let's check the PC temperatures

download Hwmonitor from my sig, open it and check the temps

play a game (any game) for about 20 minutes or before it freezes, minimize it and recheck the temperatures again

please post screenshots of both temps

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to TSF

let's check the PC temperatures

download Hwmonitor from my sig, open it and check the temps

play a game (any game) for about 20 minutes or before it freezes, minimize it and recheck the temperatures again

please post screenshots of both temps
Well, I would love to but, the thing is, my pc won't boot. Last time I checked the BIOS, the temp had gone up to 107 C, CPU temp, that is.

· TSF Emeritus
26,674 Posts
Remove the heatsink/fan and reapply some fresh thermal paste. Also, make sure the graphics card fan is free of dust.

Use a can of compressed air for cleaning out the case, fans, heatsink and air vents. It's safer and more efficient than a hairdryer.

· Registered
9 Posts
May want to check the honk sink for your CPU isn't covered on dust and give it a clean. Mine was that bad it would shy down after exactly 12 minutes of playing. Cleaned it out and applied thermal paste and all good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.