Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need some help with my PC...
As of recently it started freeze up completely all by its own...
The mouse pointer stops moving the ALT-TAB doesnt work to switch between windows, the Ctrl+Alt+Del doesnt work, even when Im listening to some music, when the PC freezes up, the music stops playing... NOTHING is responding... I tried waiting one time for hours, but it doesnt unfreeze...

My OS is Windows XP
I havent installed any programs recently. Scanned the PC with Kaspersky and with my Adware and registry programs... Nothing helps...
Now, the PC starts freeze up as soon as it loads up...
Please help? What can I do? :4-dontkno

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day Karpaty,

This sound more like a hardware issue, so I will tranfer you to the Hardware Forum.

:wave:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hows this a hardware issue?
The problem most likely is not in the hardware (i.e. the fan) since i checked it and cleaned well... :?

Edit: could you, please, move it back to the forum it was previously in

·
11,900 Posts
Hi again Karpaty,

To adequately assess your problem, I suggest that you go to the link in my signature "Everest™Home Edition"; download and install the program [it's free]; then, go into the "Computer Section", and under 'Summary', post your full system specs, so that we can assess that your 'freezes' are not attributed to Hardware issues.
It would also help us greatly if you could also please post the specs of your PSU; this information can be found on the sticker on the side of the unit.
Once we have this information, we can then start to porperly determine exactly what is causing this issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not able to do anything on the PC in question as it freezes just 1-2 minutes into the loading process...
Though I tried running it in the Safe Mode and so far so good... Will go and download the program you've suggested and'll come back to you...

P.S. about the PSU, couldnt find the sticker, but on the adapter it says
Input: 100-240v
Output: 12v

·
11,900 Posts
Sorry Karpaty, But can you please post the rest of the screen to include the HDD's video/graphics card/s please.
I forgot to mention that the screen is fairly long, and does not always post the complete lot with a screenshot.

:4-cheers:

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
your hard drives are to full for starters,you have to have free space for the pagefile and defragging
try to keep a min of 10% free space,so start by clearing some space on the drives
defrag
run chkdsk /r
look at the label on the side of the power supply and post the details,is it the original or has it been updated at some stage
watts=
12v amps =
5v amps =
3.3v amps =
if you can access the bios see if it lists the volts and tempretures and post them

·
11,900 Posts
Hows this a hardware issue?
The problem most likely is not in the hardware (i.e. the fan) since i checked it and cleaned well... :?
As you now see Hardware issues can cause your types of issues. :grin:

Another suggestion would be to purchase a much larger HDD and format it as NTFS; then reinstall Windows®.
Before you do so, please report back with your intentions, as we can offer advice with regards to backing up all your data.

Regarding the information that we require about your PSU, sometimes the sticker is not visible when the side of the case is removed. In this instance, you may have to physically remove the PSU, as the sticker might be on a side that is not visible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.