Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a new PC recently with amd ryzen 5 3600, AsRock B450m pro4-f, 16Gb ddr4, 1050ti

I did a fresh windows 10 install, and it seems that the PC is not recognising any audio devices,
i installed the correct Realtek drivers from the MB support page, installed the chipset drivers
everything seems to be in place
the devices work on other computers, tried the front and the back ports.

Windows troubleshooter says everything is fine...

I read every thread about this problem, tried pretty much everything, yet to no avail.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

Have you checked the BIOS to make sure the speakers are enabled ?
I have encountered several issues in my job where the peripheral in the BIOS was just disabled, so the PC thought they just didn't exist.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts
I bought a new PC recently
If this is truly a Brand New out of the box computer, take it back to the place of purchase and exchange it for one that works. You should never have to "fix" anything that is new.
If by Recently, you mean in the last few months, you can still send it back to the Manufacturer for free repair or replacement.
If you mean this is a Used computer and New for you, then Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. Are there any Yellow flags next to devices here? If so they need drivers installed.
What is the Make and Model# of your computer or motherboard?
Go to the manufacturers Download site. Type in you make and model # and download the Chipset driver install it first and restart the computer then download the Audio driver for your model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check for windows version by using winver command, if you have a lower version, do Windows update, latest version is 21h2, if not work uninstall the driver and restart, still not working download the driver from manufacturer website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts