Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot the user password for my NAS MYCLOUD external hard drive. I found online information that a factory reset will clear the password and allow me to reset it. I did the reset but now the drive won't connect using its IP address. It is not shown on my router-connected devices list. There is no WPS button on the drive

The router does have a manual connect option, see screenshot. I want to confirm what I will use to fill it in. The hostname is what I call it. I was able to read off the mac address with a jewelers loupe and the reserved IP address will be what it has always been.l Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,516 Posts
Download Fing to see all of the network devices on your computer, then you will know the IP Address of the NAS. If you don't want to sign up to their service, you can login to your Router Setup and go to the Devices Tab and it will show the same info.
Because you Factory Reset it, you will have to reset all of your settings, passwords, personalization's, automatic backup schedules etc Your Backup Jobs should still be there.
You can also Login to our MyCloud APP to access the drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts