Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the same problem I think. I took my computer apart and tried to clean it and once I put it back together it would not turn on. I am not that good with computers and I don't understand most of this but I believe that the problem that I am having has to do with a ribbon that is located under the power key and the quick play keys. Please help

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Re: pavilion laptop won't power on

Please open a new thread for proper support.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,722 Posts
Moved to a thread of your own Pavilion laptop won't power on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Computer won't turn on

I have just taken my HP Pavillion dv6700 to clean its fan because every time I pressed down on the power button my laptop would keep turning on and off until I unpluged it and took out the battery. Once I cleaned the fan I put the computer back together. Once I let it wait for around ten minutes. After I put the battery back in and I pluged in the charging cord the light that said power was going to the battery turned on. Once I oppened the computer and I pressed the power button nothing happend I saw something online that said the computer might start by touching the quick play buttons so I did that and nothing happend. I fear it may have something to do with the ribbon thing that I saw when I lifted the lid of my laptop and the bar with all of the buttons popped off. Please help

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thanks joeten.

If you completely disassembled your lappy to clean without much knowledge, i think you should review everything thoroughly before assuming it's that cable, unless the cable is obviously damaged. If it's damaged you can also try at your own risk to short the contacts in the board connector, and check if it turns on.

If you feel uncomfortable in testing it further, take it to a certified technician, although paid, it's your best shot at a proper diagnose and fix.

Good luck.

·
Banned
35 Posts
For this kind of issue, please follow up the following steps to check:
1、 confirm the battery and ac adapter connect the laptop normally.Maybe the bad connect lead to this problem. If there are no lights when you turn on laptop, one of possible reason is that your adapter is malfunction.
2、 Another possible reason is that there is something wrong with laptop motherboard. For this situation, it includs two kinds of possibility,a failure in an electronic circuit and BGA malfunction.

For more detailed reasons and solutions, please have a look at the following article:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.