Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sorry I know this is probably the wrong forum but I didn't know where else to post. We recently upgraded from Softline Pastel 2007 to Softline Pastel 2009- I tried to restore a back up that (which I did not realise at the time) was for Pastel 2007. Pastel shut down in error and when I restarted, it said that I need to rebuild the files. I tried to do that and again it shut down in an error. I am now getting this error message: the rebuild of the data files was abnormally terminated and may have resulted in data loss. You will need to restore the backup made before starting the rebuild process. If you do not have a backup, please contact your nearest Pastel distributor. Another workstation can still work in Pastel. How do we fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, normally when you upgrade to a later version, you also need to rebuild your file on opening the company in pastel. There is also a conversion program in your softline program file. You are welcome to contact me should you not resolved your problem yet, or if there is anything else that you would need assistance in terms of the Pastel Accounting or Payroll product range. My contact nr is 082 789 2939 :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.