Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a Toshiba Laptop the that I purchased years ago for daughter. She has since moved on to an i7.
I plan to use this for feeding youTube and various film apps, like Paramount to the TV.
Problem. Daughter never remembered PW, and no recovery process was ever implemented.
Is there a way to recover lost PW, or should I just install a new Windows on the thing? And, is that even an option?

·
Global Moderator
51,593 Posts
Forum rules prevent us from helping you bypass computer passwords. You can obviously just install windows again, usually the Windows install will recognize that this hardware has been activated and just go from there. Just download and do a Clean Install Windows 10.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,998 Posts
From our RULES:
You may not ask for assistance with any deemed illegal activities such as but NOT restricted to the following::
  • software pirating
  • hacking
  • password cracking
  • keystroke recording software
  • assistance with accessing copyrighted software programs Leeching on private or public WiFi/Broadband connections
That said, this thread has been extended and somewhat overlaps here: No password for "inherited" computer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, OK, thanks. I understand.
I wasn't interested in getting that intense into the thing. Just hoping I might have missed something.
I have a USB with win install set up, and have the License key stored on my MS account.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts