Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I forgot my windows password and i have only one login. Am using windows vista. I dont know any way to handle this please help me. Thanks in advance.

·
Freelance
886 Posts
hello

Welcome to TSF

Ok now as standard there is a built in Administrator account with no password set (Hopefully you haven't changed this password) :smile:

1. restart your PC pressing F8 and when the boot screen comes up select safe mode with command prompt
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type net user (name of user) *, and then click OK. i.e net user placehold *
4. Type in the password you now want it reset to and confirm the password
5. then reboot

Regards

craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello

Welcome to TSF

Ok now as standard there is a built in Administrator account with no password set (Hopefully you haven't changed this password) :smile:

1. restart your PC pressing F8 and when the boot screen comes up select safe mode with command prompt
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type net user (name of user) *, and then click OK. i.e net user placehold *
4. Type in the password you now want it reset to and confirm the password
5. then reboot

Regards

craig

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Unfortunately we cannot assist any further. We cannot verfy this is a legal action on your part

ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

Heres the rules link
http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.