Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i recently took over from a previous engineer as a broadcast and IT systems engineer, the last guy set the some bloody tricky passwords on some crucial kit and didnt pass it on to me, he has since forgotton these passwords.

I am not a total novice but i specialse in networking and broadcast systems not system admin so i need alittle help.

The data on these machines is ireplacable and is not backup so a rebuild is out of the question, they run win2k.

I have found a few tools that claim to be able to help by creating a linux boot cd or floppy, you boot this linux disk an then it is supposed togooffand sort throught the registry and find the password. Trouble is that i cant make the bootcd.

The app is called austrumi. I think i may need to compile it but am not a programer so woul know where to begin.

Can anybody help? or does anyone know of a decent bootable password recovery tool?

enough respect
stretch

·
Registered
1 Posts
To create a bootable cd you need to be able to burn the image file onto the cd. Search for burncdcc. this will burn the image file correctly to the cd and make it bootable. then you need to restart your computer and configure the boot device selection to check if there is a bootable cd in the drive before it boots from the main OS. Most of the time you can enter the setup when you restart your computer by pressing f1 or f2 (it should tell you which one to press to "enter setup").

P.S The image file will probably be an ISO file

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.