Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lemme summarize my problem and see if any of you guys have a solution for me.

I play Counter-Strike:Source, and I have just learned how to use MovieMaker, and desired to make a skills video with ingame demos I have recorded. The problem is, the most recent update to the game has made demos created prior to this update un-viewable. The only temporary solution I can think of, besides waiting for an update which probably wont fix it anyways, was to create a fresh installation of the un-patched program on another partition or hard drive. I do not have another hard drive.

I was under the impression there wasn't any way to partition on the fly without wiping the drive of its current contents, but I figured it couldnt hurt to come ask here to see if any resident guru's could prove me wrong.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
prove ya WRONG >>>>> you betcha !!! LOL hehheehhe

partition magic / can do what you are looking to do

and BOOT IT NG

http://terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html free trial period >>>>

I strongly advise you print the manual before using the prog / its not that hard to use but its no kindergarten adventure either / you do have to know and understand the "art" of partitioning what it means and the basics of why it works ?????? but that is really true of all partitioning modifying programs !!

a better course of action or atleast a prerequisite to partition management is a "good" back-up I strongly reccommend you buy another drive off ebay / hard drives are dirt cheap nowadays / you can by a top of the line 80 gig western digital ATA 100-133 7200 rpm drive 8meg cache for $40.00 / other drives in the 40 gig size bracket for $20.00 to $30.00 / you SHOULD have your original hard drive PROPERLY backed up prior to partition modifying / I have used most all partition progs and can testify that I have fragged a fair number of OS's learning the fine arts LOL resulting in a drive that wouldnt boot

dont hesitate to ask more questions

regards

joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why ty my good man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.