Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to this forum. I come from the hardware side, specifically MFP copiers & printers. Lately though 80% of my time is spent on the networking (not a strong subject for me).

I'm getting to the point. I apologise in advance if my terminology is not technically accurate.

I have a customer sending batch print jobs to a Copystar-CS4035E MFP. They would like some of these print jobs to come out onto ledger size paper, and some to come out onto letter size. The administrator that wrote code for the applications is long gone.

The applications are Unix, BaaN, and EDS Plotter. These print jobs come without any paper size designation. The default can be set up as ledger or letter, and it will print as the default. But we can't have the end users webbing into the printer to change the default 50+ times per day.

These are PostScript jobs. Is there a way to append a script to select the correct paper size? This printer can have virtual printer ports 9101, 9102, etc. and there is a place to add a "string".

What sort of string must be added for ledger? for letter? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve been doing some reading. For letter size paper I'm going to try:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%BeginSetup
%%BeginFeature:*PageSize Letter
<</PageSize [612 792]>>setpagedevice
%%EndFeature

And for ledger paper I'll try:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%BeginSetup
%%BeginFeature:*PageSize Ledger
<</PageSize [792 1224]>>setpagedevice
%%EndFeature

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PostScript commands did not do the trick. No effect.
What did work though, was PCL Commands. Print to logical port 2 (9101). At the start of the string prepend: !R! PSRC 4; EXIT;
At the end of string append: !R! PSRC 1; EXIT;

This changes the printer default to tray 4 before the print job, then changes it back at the conclusion.

Cool! I can't take any of the credit, but it's still cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.