Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am in need of urgent assistance with Internet Explorer. When i went on to my lap top i it told me that i had spyware and needed a program in order to detect and remove it. I didn't have a spyware program on my lap top at the time so i did a search in Google for "spyware remover". When i did this i went to this link:
http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_onlinescan.html
That site has an online spyware scan that's supposed to detect and remove spyware. I did this scan on my lap top and it told me that i needed to delete certain files that contained spyware. So, naturally i agreed for the program off that site to do it for me. However, ever since i did this every website i go to on Internet Explorer comes up with the message "Page cannot be displayed"(i am currently using another machine). When i open my web browser, at the bottom it has a link to the file SHDOCLC.DLL so i have a feeling that this file is corrupt which is causing webpages to not come up. If ANYONE can help me with this problem it would be much appreciated. I hope someone out there has read all that and can help me! Thanks heaps.
- mickol25

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi mickol25,

had a quick google search about the file you refer to here, have a read, I don't think however that is your only problem. Have you got HijackThis? If not, download from the link I'll leave at the bottom and save it into it's own directory on your C:\ (hard disk) drive because you'll need to save some log files on it. Read the help file with it and run a scan and post your log back on here where someone will evaluate it and give you advice. After you have run the scan do NOT 'fix' anything, just save the log and post it. You will have to run another later and fix the problems.
HijackThis
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.