·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running:

Asus P5GDC-DELUXE mobo
Intel P4 650 (3.4 Ghz)
Geforce 6600GT

I'm not going to bother listing the rest of the hardware, because it's a mobo issue as far as I can tell.

I reformatted and repartitioned about 1-2 weeks ago. The original system was built around 4 months ago. The reformat went great, everything was up and running fine. A few days ago I noticed an issue where the computer would start booting again about 2 seconds after I had shutdown. A minor issue, I figured I'd look into it later, and was just manually powering down when it tried to reboot after shut-down.

Last night I ran into a new issue; I can no longer boot at all. I go through hardware scans and everything comes up fine, however the computer hangs (blank black screen) right before I would normally see the windows XP loading/splash screen.

I haven't changed anything in the BIOS recently. I can't boot into windows, and as of now have no solution other than messing with the BIOS (this is all I can really do...). I've tried booting from Floppy, but I get a blank screen before I can even see the "please insert a proper disk..." message.

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.