Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am putting a system but have a serious issues ..

i have
Mobo:p5GD2 Deluxe 2gig ram nvidia 6600gt video card . 2 dvd drives, and a hard drive Sata.
well i cannot get the hd working...i am going nuts here.. i try everything
i got the hd conect on one of the sata slot...the bios can see it, but when i going to install windows xp when the setup hit the screen that said press enter to install window, r to repair (or something like that). and so on...well i press enter and an constant beep kick my hears... i s like can acces to the hard drive o the installation dosent find the freaking hard drive.
i stuck here man... and i forgot to tell you that i have the two optical drives coneect into the main ide conecctions(the blue conecctor in the motherboard)

i try to set sata to raid throgh the bios and nothing ....the ITE8212 utility and the SIL3114 cannot see the god damn HD so i cannot install windows.

please any help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
abelo said:
....the ITE8212 utility and the SIL3114 cannot see the god damn HD so i cannot install windows.

please any help!!!!!!!
Hi abelo,

Your English is fine, but your choice of words is not. Please refrain from using words that are not proper since this is a family forum. I would like to suggest that you edit the language that might be offensive to others.

Now, to your problem.

What brand SATA drive do you have. First of all, go to the manufacturer's website and download their utilility. For example, Maxtor has the Maxblast3 or Maxblast4 to download. Use that utility to prepare the drive for usage including partitioning and formatting. You can also load the proper SATA drivers from that type utility. Then, when you start to load, don't forget to tap F6 at the setup, and then when it asks for drivers enter them from the floppy you have created from the manufacturer's drivers you have created. That should get you going.

Talk to us about what you find out when using the manufacturer's utility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for my words.

well i went to the western Digital web site and i downloaded the SIG Serial ATA Controller that they offer to install as a 3rd drives when installing windows from scratch...and nothing :( still the continuos beep when i press enter to continue with the windows setup.
Inclusive i donwloaded a tool for dos that they offer that allow you format disk ect, but when boot from the floppy give me an erro messages ... that can not find DOS on the system.

this is driving me crazy.!!! :4-dontkno

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
There are no third party drivers to load for XP to utilize an SATA drive. It must however be formatted and/or partitioned before XP can recognize the drive. Thus you should see the drive in the Bios, but until you format/partition the drive, XP cannot "see" it. You will need to make a bootable disk first, then load onto the disk the program from western digital to format the drive. Boot from the disk....format/partition and then try loading XP. Don't forget XP is NOT DOS based anymore, you'll need to make an XP bootable disk, you can go to www.bootdisk.com if you need to make one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.