Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I built a system with that motherboard a few months back. It would get that overclocking error whenever the customer would boot the system and then it would reset the BIOS.

Even with the latest BIOS update the system still has the same problem and it is caused by the External Seagate 160gb USB drive kit. If the drive is on during the boot process it fails with that same error.

The customer has to make sure the drive is turned off every morning before they boot there machine. If the drive is on it fails and disables the RAID configuration in the BIOS and will not boot until the onboard controllers are reconfigured to the proper settings. :laugh:

I just upgraded my personal computer to a A8N-SLI Premium and I am not impressed with these premium boards. I have nothing but problems and glitches of all sorts with various things. My system is liquid cooled with the EXOS-2 and the Athlon X2 4400 cpu never gets over 100F but it still crashes hear and there, reboots and goes LD in games while my other Intel computer is still in the same game with no problem at all. :4-dontkno

I have been a computer tech for a good 15 years now and built many systems around ASUS mainboards. It just seems like these newer premium boards are buggy..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.