1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this is an amd forum but god please i need someone to help me,
i have an ASUS P4T-F and a P4S533 and both have the same stupid problem
2 diff cases 2 diff power supplies
asus is about dumb ,, who in the world makes mobo's without a built in speaker,.!!!
ok i have the power button and ground plugged into both and that is ALL,.
both mobo's power on but that is all.

i dont have a speaker or anything to hook up to listen to post beeps, but i got a buddy with another P4S533 he got off ebay and it does the same stupid thing

what wire are we NOT plugging in that should be. there is the intrusion pins and the keyboard lock pins and the sleep mode and reset pins ,, none of them are being used
what r we doing wrong ?? the stupid thing powers on,, but no post no video..

please if anyone knows what wires we need to hook up or if this is a HUGE known issue with asus boards either intel or amd please help me.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I've never in my life seen a mobo with a speaker built right in...

Don't you have a manual that tells you where everything is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i sure do bro but as usual the manual dont tell you nothing,, only what each pin is. it does not say what is the minimum wiring requirements,, and also, asus tech support was like a big help ,, idiots all of them ,, when i asked what the min wire set up was they were like uhhh errrr duhhh,, i said ok you obviously dont know so could you get me to a higher level tech who does know..
in the end they said rma it ,, well this is the second P4T-F that does this,, so its obviously me and especially since 2 asus mobos do it and also my friends does it.

he has gotten into his bios here in the last few min but his ide bus recognition is all messed up and his cpu's are getting eXTREMELY hot to touch. so its obvious the bios is overclocking the chips and memory and failing post.
but why ,, i have my P4T-F set to auto in the jumper config. and since i cant get into the bios,, well im screwed

and you have never seen a mobo without a built in speaker cuz your either too young to remember them or you havent been in the pc business long enough to have seen the pre pent 2 boards.,,, none of them had built in speakers,, i just cant believe asus is so dumb that a new mobo dont have a speaker.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I believe the wiring for the speaker connection is on page 41 of your manual...

And I've been with PC's for quite a long time, hence "Old school computing"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i know about the wiing set up but what i dont understand is why it turns on and that is all ,, no post no video nothing,, and i dont have a pc speaker to hook up to it.

technically i think the bios is jacking with the cpu core,, and i have it set to jumper free and also tried diff dip switch config's

my buddy and i have been messaging each other trying to get it to work and he has not gotten to post with only a floppy error,, so he's flipping the cable around,, to see what happens,, but before the cpus were too hot to touch and all his ide drivers were recognised wrong.

he dont have windows loaded yet.,

but he has done everything i have done with my P4T-F and i never got mine to work, but as i say i have had this happen to 2 P4T-F's so again any suggestions or thoughts , is the power button wires the ONLY things that NEED to be hooked up to make the mobo post properly and work ?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I would think that that would be all you'd need to get it to post...

The only thing that puzzles me is why the mobo won't send out a video signal. Have you taken that up with ASUS tech support yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asus support was no help at all i asked them about the wiring harness, and they had no clue,, they didnt even have a picture of the pin config.

so they said they would rma it,, but i dont think theres anything wrong with it, id flash the bios but i cant do it blind ,, and cant guarentee that it will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.