Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently returned from holiday after leaving my PC turned off. When I tried to turn the PC on again, the PC gets power (light come on etc) but I only get a flashing cursor in the top right hand side of the screen, and nothing else happens. I do not get any error beeps etc. Up unitl this point the PC had been working fine with no problems.

The specs are:
Asus P4s800
P4 2.6Ghz
1gb geil value matched ram
ATI x800 PRO (AGP)
80gb HDD
2 x 160gb (RAID IDE - PCI Card)
Usual DVD and CD writers and Zip 100
PCI firewire card

Any ideas anyone?

The memory recently been replaced, as has the power supply.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: reset cmos

Strange thing happened, got home tonight and it powered up immediately after telling me that the system had recovered from overclocking (which it hasn't been). However when I went to reboot, it went back to the same screen, before the bios screen comes up as before.

I have since tried to clear CMOS and also to use the the crshfree bios application, neither of which have helped.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Qtec - I know, I know but it's all I could afford at the time!!!

Apparently its a "650W" Qtec power supply, but it appears stable enough etc for what 'm using it for and its only about 3 months old

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you turn it on, no post screens appear but all fans are going, hard drive and optical drives fire up but nothing appears on screen except for a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.

RESULT!! :4-dontkno

I have just gone nd rebuilt the machine (removed and replaced all leads and cards) and it appears to be working - for the time being. I'm a little confusd though as to how turning the machine off has caused this problem after several months of hassle free use!!!

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
one of the connecting pins on something could have lost contact through not being used,that's one of computers little quirks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.