Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I have the P4P800SE board and have been running perfectly since day one, until yesterday when I installed a 56k modem into my system (ADSL is offline). The modem installed fine and connecting to the net was not a problem however i noticed straight away that sound had disappeared, games/video everything had no sound. Also after leaving the PC for a while and coming back to it about a 1/2 hour later, I noticed that my PC had slowed right down, e.g. moving the mouse around the windows desktop was very jerky. On removing the modem from the system, all my problems were fixed. The soundcard im using is a Soundblaster 5.1 Live value card and has never given me problems. Im really not sure where to start here, anyone have ideas?

I let XP install the modem for me using its standard drivers which were called Lucent Driver or something like that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I also add that im posting this question on this ASUS board because i have run the same soundcard/modem combination on an intel board with no problems.

· Registered
25,231 Posts
Modems and soundcard freqently battle for the same IRC (# 5 ) if I recall correctly) / I have had goodluck in the past by removing (deleting) the sound card and modem from the system / then reboot

Then the modem and modem drivers
reboot again

then add the sound card and drivers / the sound card is not as bullheaded as the modem but close / the soundcard however when placed into another pci slot as Please has suggested will get assingned a diff IRC that will suit it.

regards

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.