Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my brand new P4P800 Deluxe 2.6Ghz hooked up and powered it up. After nuking my hard drive accidentaly, and loosing all that 'important' old crap i had on it, i have run into another issue.

I experiance regular, and periodic crashed where the computer simply reboots on its own.

I've narrowed it down to a memmory issue, and i've run memtest86 v.3 (its a standalone) and it either hangs at various points throught the tests, or finds 4000+ errors and subsequently crashes.

Checking the manual it says that I should be using only the approved memory. After examining the DIMMs i've come to the conclusion that the model number IS listed, but it is an incorrect DIE number, whatever the hell the DIE number is...

Running ASUS P4P800 2.6Ghz, samsung k4h560838D-TCC4 (2x256Mb) with Win2k OS

Please! help me out! i'm going to tear my hair out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
P4C800 Deluxe Randomly shuts down and restarts

I run winxp pro with an ASUS P4C800 deluxe mainboard, 2.8Ghz HT 800FSB and 1GB of Corsair Twinx memory. I have notice my PC randomly power off I have tested it with Windows Memory Diagnostic and updated the BIOS at ASUS website. I have now started seeing it restart instead of powering off completely and I have disabled WinXP auto restart, by right clicking My Computer going into properties, click the advanced tab then Clicking Startup and Recovery Settings button and then un tick Automatic Restart.

I have noticed no problems so far but it has only been 2 days since this was done and the PC has been on for 10 hours straight.

I microsoft or ASUS have a Fix for with problem please let the customers know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.