Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already installed Windows 2003 server on the only standard non-SATA IDE drive installed.

I've also loaded the Raid drivers even though there were no raid drives yet installed.

Now I have added two SATA drive to the two sata raid1 and sata raid2 port alone with the power plug.

I believe the OnBoard Promise Controller in Advance tab is enabled (which I am not at my computer right now). Since I see the raid controller in the Hardware device screen, I'm pretty sure it is set to enabled.

I then went to the computer management then to the disk management and I was prompted to either do basic or dynamic. I choose dynamic. when I right click on the drive and I believe select properties, I don't get the option to select raid. I think only the first choice was available and already selected. Is this right or did I miss a step? And how do I know that the raid is working as described? I see only the one drive on the disk management would I would expect. I'm cluess as to how the promise software works.

Finally, do i have to install raid before installing Windows Server 2003 or can I do this after the Windows installation?

thanks for all your expertise in this posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.