Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P4P800-E Delux vs ATX Case

I've got a very basic problem. My new motherboard won't fit my new case. I've just purchased an Asus P4P800-E Delux together with an ATX case and when I went to build the machine the motherboard sockets don't line up with the spaces at the back of the case. The write up on the website where I purchased the cases states that it will take full atx/Midi atx and as the motherboard is ATX I thought there would be no problem, but obviously not.

Case

Motherboard

I can't see anything obvious which would have told me that it was the wrong case and if my error isn't pointed out to me I'm going to make the same mistake again. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I might have found an answer to my question. According to this webpagethere is a difference between ATX and Full ATX. I know the Mother board is ATX and the Case write up mentions full ATX. Could this be my problem?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Yeah that sounds like your problem / although I think thats kinda sleasy on the case makers part / seeing as 80% of case nowdays are ATX spec and yes the FULL atx board. Hopefully you can return it and get another case ????

Even as important make sure you get a good quality Power supply unit / enermax or antec 500 watt or even 550 watt is better / P4 boards need ALOT of clean power.

regards / joe

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
you might be able to use just 3 or 4 or more standoffs if you can get that few to line up. Youm can try making new holes and tap them for threads, or push the standoffs thru and use nuts on the other side...a big pain in the *** I know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.