Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to load default settings in BIOS and am not sure how to optimise my configuration. pls help. :confused:

PC:

P4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz
512Mb PC3200 Kingston value RAM x1
Hercules 3D Prophet 9600 Pro 128 Mb
Asus CRW
Maxtor 40GB HDD

G

·
If it recognizes the processor as the correct one I would load the OS on there and run it like that to make sure everything is working right for a few days.

After that you can start changing things in the bios like disabling the Com Ports if your not using them.

G

·
newbie, please try and keep all of your issues with your motherboard in one thread, reposting all over the place only confuses the hell out of everybody.

Thanky you.............:winkgrin:

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
P4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz
512Mb PC3200 Kingston value RAM x1
Hercules 3D Prophet 9600 Pro 128 Mb
Asus CRW
Maxtor 40GB HDD
I assume you mean "Asus CDRW" there. newbie, it's hard for us to give you a complete set of BIOS settings in a place such as this, there are typically so many variables. Fortunately with so few devices in your box, if the P4PC800 BIOS is anything like the P4C800-E, almost all the defaults will work fine for you.

After setting time/date, I would make sure the Boot-- Boot Device Priority is set to CD-Floppy-HDD, that's the minimum you should need to do. Personal preference, I would also disable the HyperThreading if it's not grayed out. If you hook up more peripherals later, there may be more adjustments at that time.

-clintfan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.