Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day my usb totally died, any device on any port is not recognised, although power seems to still get through. previous to this it has had intermittent problems recognising usb devices

my sister had just finished updating her ipod, unmounted it correctly, and the next time i saw my pc the monitor had gone into power saving mode. it wouldn't wake up and i was forced to reset (case reset). after that boot the usb had died

i uninstalled then reinstalled usb drivers to no avail.

now when i turn the pc off, the hdd access light remains on, as do keyboard lights (f lock, num lock, etc..)

i also had a power calibration error when burning, but only once since then.

also, when playing games, the graphics sometimes become extremey jerky

i'm not sure if it's because of the video card, or a sus wireless usb adaptor, which still got power when the pc was switched off (repotec wireless usb network adaptor, which i can't find the model for)

i'm not sure if it's my power supply having trouble and shot through, or the motherboard is having problems (damage from psu?)

system:
asus p4p800s/se (bios 1005.003, v08.00.09)
intel p4 3.0 prescott
1gb (2*512mb kingston valueram)
western digital 80gb sata hdd
esi [email protected] 24/96 pci soundcard
ati radeon 256mb 9600pro
omni pentium iv 400w atx switchable psu (suspect...)

thanks
alex

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i use a antec 550w trupower on the p4p800s
the computer can be set to wake up from usb in the bios

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi

i just got a cooler master real power 450w psu, and no go. problems are still there. no usb, hdd light on when switched off
updated the bios too
the motherboard has a 2 year warranty, yes? i've had it for a year and a month..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.