Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey people,

I´m about to throw myself and my my motherboard out of the windows. (I live on the 3th floor ) :upset:

My system suffered from spontanious reboots, so I installed the lasted bios from the ASUS website (P4P800 Deluxe and P4P800 BIOS V1010). This made things even worse. After a couple of boots, I couldn´t enter my bios anymore...It said wait and hung. So I cleared RTC RAM, because I changed some settings. (Page 2-20 of the user manual) Now I do not get any video output...NONE...

I got a:

P4 2,8 GH 800
Club 3D Ati Radion 9800 Pro
Creative Labs Audigy 2
Maxtor Diamondmax 9 120 GB (SATA)
380 Watt Antec power supply

I would really appriciate it if u guys could help me out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My gut is saying power supply here, but it tends to say that a lot. I'd be very nervous using a 380W power supply with that system, though. Id recommend trying a 480W power supply and see if that helps.

At the moment, you're not able to boot up at all due to the lack of a video signal?

What memory are you using? Brand, model, size, quantity, and what slots they're in?

My guess with the BIOS is that the update changed some settings to default. Perhaps the memory doesn't like the default settings. See if you can boot up with only one memory module installed, which would be in the A1 DIMM slot.

If this is a power supply issue, the more the computer is on, the more you risk damage to components. If you're able to get into the BIOS, check the Hardware Monitor under the Power tab. Note the temperatures and voltages. If the temp is high or the voltages low, power off right away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the moment I can't boot at all due the lack of a video signal. Can I just use a power supply of another system just to power mijn video card? And if so, is it a "smart" thing to do?

I have 2 Twinmos 3200 512 MB, but I put only one module in my A1 slot. Just to reduce the variables.

I would like to check the BIOS to see the power management, but I do not have a signal, that the problem. If I get a video signal, I hope I can access the BIOS to check it.

Thanks,

Da Vinci

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
This is sounding like the symptom of the solder blob problem: quick degradation followed by hard failure. See page 3 here where the problem was discovered and a link to a photo is given.

-clintfan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...It´s probably not a power issue. I tested my system with only the motherboard, 1 Twinmos and a Geforce 3. I think 380 Watt should do the trick. Mmm...so maybe it´s a manufactering error...I´m gonna check it out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I do not know what the problem is. I'm sending my motherboard back... Maybe a next board...MSI?

·
Registered
8 Posts
as of last night i had a p4p800 deluxe...i have loved asus products in the past...in fact i have a p4c533 in my other comp, and it has always worked great...several people have tried to offer solutions to the p4p800 but i didn't want the hassles of that board... i returned it and purchased an msi 875p neo... it was about the same price as the asus and all the same features... so far it runs like a champ... i would suggest if you have the ability to return the asus..do it..get the msi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.