Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I bought this board because it was my 1st build but, it's been a very tedious learning expierence. We'll my current problem is this. I have been trying to get my board to run at 3.0 or more but, couldn't. I reach 2.88 at 20% overclocked. I thought upgrading the bios to a 1010 from 1005 would help so, I went ahead and started to create a bootable disk and wasn't sure if i was to unzip the bios file then restart or leave it zipped in the bootable disk along with the asdus or whatever it's called. I was unsure so, i saved a copy to the harddrive and used the asus update utility. I pointed to the zip file and it said it worked. I reported and of course i lost all my settings so, i went back and started to put things back like they should be. THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I WENT TO CHANGE THE DRAM TIMINGS THE BIOS FREEZES UP. I WANT TO SET THE TIMINGS AT 3-4-4-8 I BELIEVE IS THE BEST FOR THE 3700 BUT, NO MATTER WHICH ONE I PICK AFTER ADJUSTING JUST ONE IT GOES BACK TO THE TOP OF THAT SCREEN AND FREEZES. I HAVE TO REBOOT AND EACH TIME IT DOES THE SAME THING. I DIDN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW TO SAVE THE OLD BIOS SO, NOW I'M STUCK WITH THIS PROBLEM. I SEE THE 1011 IS OUT SO, I'LL TRY THAT AND SEE IF IT HELPS. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET PASS IT. ANOTHER QUESTION ONCE I GET THIS SET IS HOW DO YOU GET IT TO O'C TO 3.0+ CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE PICS OF YOUR SETTINGS AND STEP BY STEP DETAILS. THANKS GUYS AND GALS AND BI-GENDERS AND ETC.... :)

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
marqjesu,
Sorry I can't help with your overclock problems. All I can really say is with a 3.0 or 3.2 processor instead, overclocking would be unnecesary.

vmail,
You jumped in here too. It doesn't look like the P4P800 Deluxe has a 1011 BIOS version yet. You cannot use the 1011 BIOS for another mobo model, on yours; Asus says they're not compatible.

If a new BIOS comes out, you will find it by navigating to the Asus download site and clicking the tab for BIOS.

-clintfan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.