Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently built a new computer with the P4P800 DELUXE mother board. everything is working great except i can't get any sound to come out to my speakers. the speakers are recognized. the speakers work on another system, so i know it's not the speakers. i don't have any conflicts in the device manager.

is there a setting in the software that i need to make, or perhaps in the bios?

i'm really stumped.

please help me hear what this motherboard sound system sounds like.

please....

- r

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums squabbydog.................:D

If you have onboard sound you may need to enable it in the bios.

How about a list of what you got there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OnBoard Audio setting in the bios.

in the bios i have the setting for;

OnBoard AC'97 Audio set to - [ Auto ]

the only other option is [ Disabled ]

- r

S

·
0 Posts
If you've got a little yellow speaker down next to the clock in the systray double click it and check to see if the volume is turned down or muted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Squabby,

I realize this thread is a bit dated, however I have exactly the same problem with my P4C800 Dlx. I have not been able to make audio work (speakers are recognized but no sound, I know the speakers are good).

For now I run on an old SB PCI512 card but would like to get onboard sound working also (if only because I paid for it :D ).

I tried many different drivers but no luck.... Perhaps we can compare notes on our setup and see if we can identify the problem....

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, you won't believe this but I solved the onboard sound problem with my P4C800 Dlx last night......

Turns out that the connector on the MB for the front-side audio panel by default does not have the jumpers installed that should be there when you don't have a front-side panel installed....:rolleyes:

I believe the jumpers are needed to connect the audio-out pins to the back-side audio jacks. No jumpers --> no sound. The jack-sensing still works without the jumpers though....

Anyway only took me 5 months and countless hours of forum-searches to find this out. Hope this post saves someone else having to go through the same ordeal...

Greetings!

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
You're absolutely right, see the thread, Asus P4P800 Front Audio dosn't work. In that thread I never mentioned what would happen if no jumpers were present, but you have taken it to that further step. Thanks.

Not sure squabbydog's problem is solved, though.

I think I never noticed the current thread, because it opened and closed before I even joined.

-clintfan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Clintfan,

I think I read every thread on the internet related to these boards and sound problems, I actually think the thread you mention is the one that put me on the right path towards the solution.

Decided to have a look at my MB (not really believing I would find anything) and indeed found no jumpers were installed. Which I still find very strange for an out of the box board, that doesn't come standard with a front-side panel to install...Can't imagine noone else encountered this....

Anyway the threads on the forums over here helped me solve the problem, so thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.