Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Man i'm so freaking upset at my p4p800 that was supposed to be a deluxe but, ended up being a p4p800 which I don't mind cause it's supposed to be better to O'C. Anyways, I'm trying to get my pc to O'C at 3.3, I got it up to 3.14 and seriously I don't know what is wrong because it's laggy as hell. For Example, if i go into my bios and make a change it takes like a 3-5 second delay to reboot, or if i make a change like 300 fsb it doesn't reboot and say overclock failed, it just hangs after i press enter, the screen stay there and all. Besides that when i get into my desktop and trying to multi-task, it hangs like if i open up diskcleanup, a game(AOE) and something else, isn't my pc supposed to be faster. I listed my setts below:

* P4P800 Motherboard
* Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL
* CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack) 512MB(2 x 256MB) 2x(32MX64) PC-3700 With Heat Spreaders.

* ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FMA). 431W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4. Meet AMD K7 and Intel ATX +12V 1.1 and ATX 2.03 version (Pentium 4 fully support).
* Lite On Black 48x24x48x16 CDROM/CDRW/DVD Combo Drive LTC-48161H
* SONY 52X MAX EIDE INTERNAL CD-ROM DRIVE Model CDU5211 OEM
* Thermaltake, pci heatsink thingy, it keeps the cpu under 40 no matter what i do to it.
* GEFORCE4 MX 440 PCI 128MB DDR DVI & TV Out
* Lian-Li alumnium mid-tower case.
* SOUND BLASTER LIVE! (SB0220) 5.1%

P.P.S I upgraded to bios 1006(I think it was final and that didn't help with the lag. I put 1006 on a disk and then issued 1006.exe and it flashed it. I seen somewhere where they say the boot block or something like that needs to be changed as well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i suggest you first try upgrading to the latest 1010 bios that is on asus's website. Make sure to follow the directions on how to flash, i would suggest you use afudos utility to do so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
don't update the bios while you have the system overclocked. The reson why you system hangs is because it's probably overclocked too much, i would suggest backing off on the settings until things don't freeze up anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if i overclocked when i updated the bios, good thought. I have tried running the system on default settings and it's still laggy. I can move around in it fine, it's just when i save it where it pauses for a few seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.