Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded P4P800 bios to 1010 and i noticed that Intel raid Bios do not show anymore ...
is it normal ? or did i do something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I seen this a few questions down so, i posted it so, you can resolve your issue or at least try to..I'll copy and paste the link on the next post. Here is his resolution:

Thanks for your reply. Like everything I get frustrated with, I took a day away from it and came back and thought it through.

When I enabled the SATA for raid and rebooted, once again the AMI BIOS lost the two disks (or so it seemed) that were connected to the VIA controller, and the Hard Disk priority changed form "VIA RAID" to one of my other disks. I changed the disk priority back and rebooted and the same thing happened. Then I went in to the VIA BIOS and ensured that my array was set to boot. The funny thing is, though it was set the whole time, the simple act of going in to the VIA BIOS boot settings seemed to fix my problem. Now I have both RAID sets back and am happy with that

Unfortunately, secondary IDE seems to no longer be working. When I flashed the BIOS I initially could see my CD-RW drive which was master on the secondary IDE, but shortly after it disappeared. Changing secondary slave from Auto to CDROM gives me a "non-ATAPI device" error during POST. Ah, well, ya can't win 'em all

Last edited by jarbob69 on 10-02-2003 at 11:56 PM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.